Ethically Sourced Palo Santo
Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens) means 'Holy Wood' in Spanish. A hard wood from the rainforests of Peru and Ecuador, Palo Santo is used for blessing, clearing, cleansing & creativity.
When the fragrant wood is burned, the smoke is believed to provide medicinal and therapeutic healing energy.
Price is for 1 stick.
Palo Santo from The Empress & Wolf is recognized as the world's most sustainable. Our supplier only sources from naturally fallen wood, works with the community to plant new trees and supports a women's cooperative which makes handicrafts from the wood. It is fully traceable from the Manga Manga community in Peru to our supplier. Buying this Palo Santo helps protect this forest against clearing for agriculture. Its export is regulated and traced by the Peruvian Ministry of Forests. 5% of the sales made are donated to a non-profit that works with Indigenous communities to reforest degraded land in the Peruvian Amazon.
HOW TO USE PALO SANTO
- Hold a Palo Santo stick & take a moment to centre yourself and acknowledge the plant spirit of Palo Santo & the South American Indigenous cultures with a long history use, & knowledge of the plant.
- Light the stick with a candle, match or lighter until you see a flame develop.
- Allow the Palo Santo stick to burn for 30 seconds to a minute, then carefully blow it out.
- Move around the space in which you wish to clear the energy - be it your bedroom, office, car or your entire home - allowing the smoke to drift into each area.
- A rich, sweet smell will fill the air, bringing cleansing energy & blessings.
- If the Palo Santo burns out, you can repeat steps 2 & 3 until you are finished.
- Once you feel you have cleansed your space, place the Palo Santo stick in a fireproof bowl and allow the embers to naturally burn out. You can re-light it when you next wish to use it.
Please remember to always exercise care and caution when working with fire.